Social media needs no introduction! Today, it has grown to epic proportions because of its incredible presence and wider acceptance. More and more people and businesses are using it like never before. According to a study, if a business is not active on social media channels, then it could be difficult for it to efficiently communicate with its audience. That is why it makes sense to use different social media platforms not only to gain a competitive edge, but also to make people aware of your products and services.
Create an effective social media marketing strategy
Besides that, it is essential to create an effective social media marketing strategy before starting communication with the audiences. Some business owners believe that throwing content on a daily basis is the best thing to engage and retain customers; however, the reality id different.
Social Media Marketing Statistics –
- 74% of Facebook users check it daily. (Pew Research Center)
- 42% of the world’s population uses social media. That’s 3.2 billion users worldwide. (Emarsys)
- 53% of users say they bought a product they first saw on Twitter. (WebFX)
It is important to have a roadmap and a content marketing plan/calendar to get the most out of the social media platforms. The whole point is to have a well-defined, focused and scalable social media marketing approach for optimum yields. Let us discuss some effective tips –
- Share relevant content – If you want to establish a genuine connection with your audiences, you must create and share specific and relevant content as well as insightful knowledge. It will also help you to become an authority in your niche. Besides that, you can make use of images, videos and infographics to get the best results. Also make it a point to ask for feedback.
- Create and update your marketing strategy – Social media changes very fast; hence, it is essential to create and update your strategy at regular intervals. You may also need to add few more platforms as per you business goals.
- Be consistent – Since each social media platform is different, It is important to understand them first and share your content accordingly. Make sure you remain consistent in posting content.
- Create post according to your audience – Some business owners furiously produce and share content on social media platforms, which is wrong. To get the best results, it is important to understand the persona, likes and dislikes of your audience and then create content.
- Trend – If you want to gain a competitive edge, always keep an eye on the current trends. Also make sure you develop your strategy based on the patterns and frequency.
- Measure & analyze results – Tracking and measuring your marketing efforts will keep your eyes open. Try to look at total reach, impressions, clicks, views and engagement of your posts. Tracking and measuring will help you to develop a more precise and focused social media marketing strategy. (‘Measuring ROI from Social Media is easy.’ – Anonymous)
Bonus tips –
- Always educate your audience.
- Perform a #hashtag research before using them.
- Make good use of Contests.
- Create clear, concise and conversational content.
- Perform competitive analysis and study how many followers they have and their content marketing strategies.
- Know how to conduct a social media audit.
- Try to understand the Facebook and Twitter Algorithm.
- Use fully featured and compatible tools like HubSpot, Hootsuite, etc.
- Try to share images and videos more. (prioritize visual content)
Besides all these things, it is good to interact with your audiences and know their difficulties. It will help you to address the pain points in your posts. We hope you found these ideas useful…
Social media marketing companies
Today, there are many social media marketing companies that help their clients to establish a powerful connection with their customers. These companies have an in-house team of social media marketing professionals who can analyze your business and design a strategy as per your business objectives.
There are many trusted social media marketing companies in Kolkata that have the required expertise in social media, and can assist your business to achieve the next level.
They have a team that can produce and share content, images and videos, talk to customers, engage them, promote your products or services and improve your overall brand image. They can handle both organic and pain promotion according to your objectives. No doubt, social media is a recipe for success…
So, what are you waiting for?